If you are interested in becoming a member of the Burlington Country Club, you may be asking yourself questions like, why now? What's in it for me? How do I get started? Allow us to answer these questions for you . . .
Why Should I Join Now?
There are many reasons as to why there is no "bad" time to become a member of the Burlington Country Club and we'd like to inform you as to why:
- First and most importantly, joining the Burlington Country Club now will secure your spot in the membership for the upcoming year. Although it has been a few years since we've had a wait-list, each year we get closer to reaching the point where one will be put into place.
- If you join at a time when not all of the facilities are available, it will allow you and your family to become acclimated prior to when the Club becomes busy. Since the pace is a little slower here in the non-golf and pool months, it will give you the opportunity to explore the restaurant, Clubhouse and Golf Shop. You will have the opportunity to also become acquainted with the other members as well as the managers and staff who will help you and your family feel integrated into the Club before the season starts.
- Once you join, you will gain access to the Club's website, which offers online dining reservations, Club event registration, online statements and bill-pay, tee-time registrations and the Club's social and golf calendar. In addition to our website, you will also have the ability to download and become familiar with the Burlington Country Club App, which is another useful tool for mobile-friendly access to what is offered on the website.
- In addition to all of the above, our golf leagues and tournament registrations open as early as April 1st and fill up fast! We encourage our new members to participate in the leagues and tournaments to meet other members of the Club. Don't worry though because even if you get a late start and join later in the spring/summer months, there are always opportunities to be a substitute for leagues and we do have wait-lists for our high-demand tournaments.
- If you are looking to join a supportive community within Chittenden County, BCC promotes personal and professional growth through a network of over 700 of the areas influential entrepreneurs.
What is Available to the Membership Year-Round?
We understand that we don't have all of our amenities to offer the membership during the off-season however, we make the most of what we do have!
- While the golf course and pool are closed in the winter months, we keep our restaurant open year-round. The hours are scaled back slightly however, we keep a fun schedule of specials in the restaurant. Members enjoy themed days such as Fiesta Tuesday and Burger Day on Wednesdays and Wine Dinners are scheduled throughout the year, which are a culinary experience you do not want to miss out on!
- From October through April, we also have a robust Cribbage League of 60+ members who play cards every Thursday night. You will find anyone from our Intermediate members who are in their twenties to our seasoned members in their eighties playing with and against each other in the spirit of good fun.
- In season, our Golf Shop bag room is set up to store our member's golf clubs, but in the off-season this room is transformed into a space where the membership can perfect their swing or shake off the winter rust! Our brand new TrackMan Launch Monitor and Golf Simulator is available to all members during our normal business hours, Monday through Friday. Members can choose to hit balls on the virtual driving range or play one of the 20+ virtual golf courses available at no additional cost. Lessons are also offered to our members year-round from our PGA Professionals by appointment.
- April through November our premier 18-hole golf course usually sees between 20,000 - 25,000 rounds of golf. In addition to the golf course, members have access to our newly constructed long-range practice facility, a short range and bunker practice area as well as chipping and putting greens. In the Vermont summer months, Junior Golf camps and clinics are offered to help promote and drive interest of the game to our youth.
- The heated swimming pool opens each year the weekend of Memorial Day and remains open through mid-September on a weather-dependent basis. The pool is equipped with a diving board, diving well and swim lanes. Other activities offered at the pool includes the BCC Beta Fish swim team, which has grown to over 100 swimmers! Our coaches operate the swim team to instill a love for swimming and fitness, to teach principles of teamwork, team spirit and sportsmanship. Also offered at the pool is our Summer Activities Program supervised by an activities coordinator who organizes pool games, arts & crafts, lawn games and more!
How Do I Sign Up?
If you have any questions or would like to move forward with joining the Burlington Country Club, please contact Brittany Melvin, Director of Sales & Marketing!